Re: NANFA-- Move on to reestablish rare pygmy madtom

Mark (mbinkley_at_columbus.rr.com)
Tue, 17 Oct 2000 10:31:54 -0400

At 7:52 AM -0400 10/17/00, Christopher Scharpf wrote:
>Richard, I know that the intent of your post was not to suggest that
>things are
>better than what they really are. I just want to make the point that we're
>bombarded with so much bad enviromental news that we tend to filter it out and
>overemphasize the good news that occasionally trickles through. So, let's
>celebrate these rare and isolated moments of good news for what they are
>-- rare
>and isolated moments -- but not let them cloud or influence our perception of
>how bleak conditions are for fishes, mollusks, amphibians, and other
>freshwater
>organisms.

And let's take the good news as encouragement that it's worthwhile to do
what we can to help, and if nothing else, make more people aware of what's
going on and how cool the fish are. Get the word out about our NANFA
Research Grant!
http://www.nanfa.org/conservation/researchgrants.htm

Mark Binkley
Columbus Ohio USA <))><