NANFA-- Metal Bands for Closing Plastic Bags

Mark (
Mon, 6 Oct 2003 23:06:09 -0400

Well, since you were all so helpful with the cheap pool project, I
have another one I need help with. You know those little metal bands
they use to close the big bags of ice you get at the carry out? They
look like they are applied using some kind of tool that crimps the
band around the neck of the bag, securing it tightly. I'm looking
for that tool and those bands. I don't know what they are called and
I can't seem to find them. Anyone have a clue? I think they are
also used by some of the tropical fish wholesalers for sealing their
bags. Maybe that will be a lead. I have a couple of applications for
which I think these will be ideal. Many thanks for any leads.
/"Unless stated otherwise, comments made on this list do not necessarily
/ reflect the beliefs or goals of the North American Native Fishes
/ Association"
/ This is the discussion list of the North American Native Fishes Association
/ To subscribe, unsubscribe, or get help, send the word
/ subscribe, unsubscribe, or help in the body (not subject) of an email to
/ For a digest version, send the command to
/ instead.
/ For more information about NANFA, visit our web page,