Re: NANFA-- Natives should get TV exposure

Robert Carillio (darterman_at_hotmail.com)
Wed, 13 Sep 2000 11:40:57 EDT

Henry, I want you to know that I am serious about this idea. All we need is
someont to film it, to narrate it, and those who will be in it. Someone
needs to write a script. We need to get a few volunteers. What better could
nanfa produce as a group, but an educational video like this. Do you have
any ideas as to who would be interested in participating. We would need to
delegate jobs out, such as script writing,letter writing, and such. I could
probably formulate a letter to one of the networks, but as for writing a
script for the video itself, I think I would not have the patience for
that!!! HA! We need to call upon all knowledgeable writing nanfa members.
This should be a relatively simple project. The subject matter in the
program could include an introduction to the fish and habitat, lifestyles of
fishes, destruction of habitat, and conservation efforts of the habitat. It
is essential that the first goal this program should attempt to achieve is
to have the audience be captivated by these fish and habitats. This would be
aided in as much quality underwater photography as possible, and
explanations as to why these animals are crucial to the health of water and
other eco systems. People need to know WHY WE NEED THESE FISH, and it has to
be interesting as well as entertaining... The end result is educating more
people.... Rob