Re: NANFA-- swimming in troubled waters

Tony (anutej_at_loxinfo.co.th)
Sat, 16 Sep 2000 23:24:00 +0700

1] What is mountain skillet fish?
2] Maybe sometimes in the future NANFA members in southern region mount an
"expedition" to somewhere in north Mexico not too far from south Texas and around
south Texas area?
3] [not about Mexico] In the book Freshwater fishes of Virginia it is said
that in one study saffron shiner also spawn in late July at water temperature of
30 degree celcius. I wonder about this since so far from what I read saffron is
from Blue Ridge area that is very high and the streams and rivers in the area is
supposed to be cold all year round. Is this an error or is the saffron also found
in other areas that has warmer water and adapt to warmer conditions? Is the New
river in NC and Virginia warmer than other Blue Ridge rivers?

Tony