Re: NANFA-- Re: Captive-bred fish

Bob Culler (culler_at_tricon.net)
Sat, 08 Sep 2001 14:35:00 -0400

<x-flowed>
At 09:53 AM 9/8/01 -0400, J.R. wrote:

>My biggest worries are not so much that they would deplete natural
>populations, but what they would do with the fish they got tired of, or that
>grew too big for their tank!

Yeah, somebody caught a pacu out of the S. Fork Holston River the other
day. They called us at the park to find out what it was.

The sad part is that all the local pet shops keep selling stuff like that.

Ranger Bob
Kingsport, TN

"Oh we're all part of a big food chain, the big food chain of life.
You eat things and things eat you, and it works out so nice.
We're all part of a great big stew and someday you'll discover
We're born, we live, we die, and we're all food for one another."
~Mike Cross, "Big Food Chain"

</x-flowed>