Re: NANFA-- stress coat/adult fish mortality

BR0630_at_aol.com
Wed, 11 Sep 2002 16:09:06 -0400

In a message dated Wed, 11 Sep 2002 12:03:07 PM Eastern Standard Time, bongi_at_cox-internet.com writes:

> Most of the fish I collect have been mature. I do not have experience using it with hook & line captured fish. When I have had injured fish in my aquarium, I have had little luck getting them to survive. It seems no amount of water changes and stress coat has made a difference. But those have been the most recommended procedures to use to save the fish. Maybe the age of the fish is a likely factor in the
> survivability of these fish.

Yep, that mirrors my experience as well, although I hadn't used stress coat. Once the adult fish get diseased from handling during transit, they never seem to recover, regardless of treatment. Thanks for your response.

Bruce