Re: NANFA-- National Water (and Fish) Monitoring Day

BILL HOPPE (zzzzzzbill_at_yahoo.com)
Tue, 24 Sep 2002 12:29:42 -0700 (PDT)

Ive been registered for two sites on a local creek
since shortly after you posted it .
--- "Hoover, Jan J ERDC-EL-MS" <HOOVERJ_at_wes.army.mil>
wrote:
> An officer for America's Clean Water Foundation
> informs me:
>
> 1. Partial water quality data will be accepted. If
> you have a way of
> measuring water temperature and pH (e.g., with
> aquarium gear) but no way to
> measure turbidity/transparency or dissolved oxygen,
> Year of Clean Water
> would still like your participation.
> 2. Other data will not be accepted. Notes on
> fishes, invertebrates,
> plants, or other water quality parameters cannot be
> entered, but hopefully
> these will be recorded in member trip reports,
> etc.,and in an overview
> article for American Currents.
> 3. Monitoreing kits usually ship within 4 days, but
> early orders are
> recommended. Orders placed as late as 10 Oct should
> arrive in time.
>
> To date, I only have participation confirmed for OH
> and MS chapters. There
> is still plenty of time to register a site, plan a
> trip, and take part in
> this important, and groundbreaking event.
> /"Unless stated otherwise, comments made on this
> list do not necessarily
> / reflect the beliefs or goals of the North American
> Native Fishes
> / Association"
> / This is the discussion list of the North American
> Native Fishes Association
> / nanfa_at_aquaria.net. To subscribe, unsubscribe, or
> get help, send the word
> / subscribe, unsubscribe, or help in the body (not
> subject) of an email to
> / nanfa-request_at_aquaria.net. For a digest version,
> send the command to
> / For more information about NANFA, visit our web
> page, http://www.nanfa.org

=====
Bill Hoppe
Yellville Arkansas