Re: NANFA-- Fish ID off topic

Mark (nanfa_at_jonahsaquarium.com)
Wed, 10 Sep 2003 10:39:53 -0400

<x-flowed>
At 9:49 AM -0400 9/5/03, Roghfish_at_aol.com wrote:
>I know this is way off topic but there is not a smarter bunch of fish nut
>anywhere, then on this list.
>http://hometown.aol.com/roghfish/page2.html
>This fish was entered in our show over the weekend as a Rosy Barb (common
>Name)
>I and a number of other don't beleive its a Rosy.
>The fish is about 2 1/2 inches long and very heavy bodied.
>any and all help would be great.

Kind of looks like a cross between a rosy and a gold barb. Rosies
tend to be more flat sided and high (deep) bodied. You will probably
need an Asian barb systematist to really make a definitive judgement.
Though he may be of no help, since long term captive bred fish tend
to migrate away from their original, natural characteristics.
</x-flowed>