Re: NANFA-- Bluenose shiner news

Steffen Hellner (steffen_at_hellner.biz)
Wed, 17 Sep 2003 18:01:46 +0200

Do you speak of the dubious Betta sp. Mahachai? I have had them, they for me
look like a hybride of imbellis x splendens x smaragdina. The Thais are very
good in mixing these species and build up viable strains, e.g. the very hard
fighters or the copper-colored. And they are as good in setting those
strains free. But maybe I am wrong and it is a valid species. Time will
show.

Steffen