RE: NANFA-- Bluenose shiner news

Chip Rinehart (crin_at_glassmaster.com)
Wed, 17 Sep 2003 14:21:21 -0400

BG,

I just got off the phone with our Assistant Chief of Freshwater Fisheries
(and I mean right as this email came in). I was initially discussing what
permit/license I needed to legally sell non-game fish for private aquarium
use. His initial thinking was a Commercial fishing License but then he said
"maybe I'll just issue you a general scientific collection permit"! Now
wouldn't that be something!

He also asked if I was one of the guys who had been notifying his biologist
of the protected species we have found and other site collection data (which
we were).

Maybe they do care, even if it's just a little bit. Kinda made my day.

Chip