NANFA-- sell non-game fish

Mark (
Wed, 17 Sep 2003 22:04:53 -0400

At 2:21 PM -0400 9/17/03, Chip Rinehart wrote:
>I just got off the phone with our Assistant Chief of Freshwater Fisheries
>(and I mean right as this email came in). I was initially discussing what
>permit/license I needed to legally sell non-game fish for private aquarium
>use. His initial thinking was a Commercial fishing License but then he said
>"maybe I'll just issue you a general scientific collection permit"! Now
>wouldn't that be something!

That's great that you have such a good relationship with your
Fisheries people. There needs to be more of that among NANFAns and
professionals. One thing to consider, though, is that if you plan to
sell wild fish, the scientific collection permit is not likely to
provide for that kind of use.
/"Unless stated otherwise, comments made on this list do not necessarily
/ reflect the beliefs or goals of the North American Native Fishes
/ Association"
/ This is the discussion list of the North American Native Fishes Association
/ To subscribe, unsubscribe, or get help, send the word
/ subscribe, unsubscribe, or help in the body (not subject) of an email to
/ For a digest version, send the command to
/ instead.
/ For more information about NANFA, visit our web page,