Need Riparian Zones
for Watershed Action and Riparian Easements (A.W.A.R.E.) in Mahoning County, Ohio,
offers a useful list of economic, social and cultural benefits offered by riparian areas
in the Mahoning River watershed.
1. Enhances Real Estate Values:
·Increased Riparian Property Value (+28%)
2. Increases Recreational Usage:
3. Enhances Economic Development Opportunities:
·Makes the Valley a better place to live/work
·More attractive to prospective employers
·Makes a statement regarding civic commitment
4. Provides for Insurance Against Ecological-Based Costs:
·Provides natural flood mitigation
·Provides pollution mitigation
·Provides for the recycling of ground nutrients
·Provides for ecological health through biodiversity
1. Provides for a higher aesthetic valuation of the community.
2. Provides for an inherently higher bequest value.
3. Enhances psychological functionality of the population.
4. Creates a concrete focus for community pride.
1. Enhances the image of our community on a nationwide basis.
2. Deters "generational flight" from the community.
© Robert Carillio firstname.lastname@example.org and Jay DeLong email@example.com