RE: NANFA-L-- Holston River Obsevations

matt ashton (ashtonmj2003-in-yahoo.com)
Wed, 20 Apr 2005 06:18:09 -0700 (PDT)

--0-1443642367-1114003089=:44434

Yup, I came to a conclusion of a single species, Redline Darter after finally finding a good picture on natureserve, just didn't want to clog up the list with a 5 word post.

And ive been meaning to ask you this for a while Todd. Whenever I have gone to your site none of these new things, basically anything after 03 can be found through linking. The only time I have ever seen these things is when you post full links, and alot of times it sends me to a plain white screen link directory. Is it just me? Do I have a web setting wrong, but this has happened to me on several different computers.

"Crail, Todd" <tcrail-in-UTNet.UToledo.Edu> wrote:
I'm thinkin' Ranger Bob is all over this one. Redline are variable little suckers, like by the second. You may have only had one species, but with the variability. Here's some shots Jeff took when we were on our Spring Fling (named "redline" etc).

http://www.farmertodd.com/nanfa/springfling2005/Jeff/

Same fish moments later:
http://www.farmertodd.com/nanfa/springfling2005/Darter_Redline.jpg

Here's one from the upper French Broad-in-the SC Convention
http://www.farmertodd.com/nanfa/sc/darter_redline.jpg

Spotted darter will have very distinct spot patterns, with the long nose:
http://www.farmertodd.com/ohiofishpictures/pages/darter_spotted.asp

While bluebreasts have a truncated, down-turned nose:
http://www.farmertodd.com/ohiofishpictures/pages/darter_bluebreast.asp

Todd
The Muddy Maumee Madness, Toledo, OH
http://www.farmertodd.com