Re: NANFA-L-- Yet another reason to come to the Convention...

dlmcneely-in-lunet.edu
Thu, 28 Apr 2005 10:39:04 -0500

My understanding is that the sighting location is within a protected
area with controlled access. However, floating the river is allowed.
I hope for the sake of the bird, and all other residents (flora, fauna,
human) that there is some element of control in place. But you're
definitely right -- the hordes will descend! Hope to see one of these
myself, now -- someday. I won't be going right away! But this brings
to our attention the old notion of "love 'em to death." Same applies
to our fish, and caution and responsibility are of utmost importance in
our efforts to see or of even more concern, "keep" them. It's not
without reason that both government and non-government organizations
that maintain preserves restrict access.

Dave

David L. McNeely, Ph.D., Professor of Biology
Langston University; P.O. Box 1500
Langston, OK 73050; email: dlmcneely-in-lunet.edu
telephone: (405) 466-6025; fax: 405) 466-3307
home page http://www.lunet.edu/mcneely/index.htm

"Where are we going?" "I don't know, are we there yet?"