Re: NANFA-L-- Annual CAS and NANFA Ohio Outing

matt ashton (ashtonmj2003-in-yahoo.com)
Fri, 29 Apr 2005 14:52:24 -0700 (PDT)

--0-175431126-1114811544=:95417

I dont know. With the high flows that were sustained there for a few days I'd imagine the silt is LONG gone, and that snow melt brought things up very high too.

"Todd D. Crail" <tcrail-in-UTNet.UToledo.Edu> wrote:How silted was it behind the dam Matt? My major complaint about spending the time driving to far NE Ohio is the low productivity of the streams and having to work too hard to look-in-fish ;) If it got trashed downstream from silt, I don't think that's where I want to bother (which may not matter ;), even out of curiosity. That's time I coulda spent-in-the Darby or the Mad River with even greater biodiversity and LOTS more specimens of each dangit lol

----- Original Message -----
From: matt ashton
To: nanfa-l-in-nanfa.org
Sent: Friday, April 29, 2005 11:26 AM
Subject: Re: NANFA-L-- Annual CAS and NANFA Ohio Outing

Wish I could be there this year ... I may have turned on a new member or two from the ohiogamefishing.com site though, there was a long thread going on about natives in fish tanks. So hopefully you have a new person or two joining you and im sure theyd be interested in this trip. A site you might be interested in checking out is the Daniels Park Dam in Willoughoby...well the former dam, since it was washed out in the big winter flooding. I'd see if the water way is even open now but the safety concern was the dam, and well its not there ... it would be interesting to see whats already moving up it and what is in the former pool area and what the habitat is like.

http://mail.yahoo.com
--0-175431126-1114811544=:95417

<DIV>I dont know. With the high flows that were sustained there for a few days I'd imagine the silt is LONG gone, and that snow melt brought things up very high too.<BR><BR><B><I>"Todd D. Crail" &lt;tcrail-in-UTNet.UToledo.Edu&gt;</I></B> wrote:
<BLOCKQUOTE class=replbq style="PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #1010ff 2px solid">
<STYLE></STYLE>

<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>How silted was it behind the dam Matt?&nbsp; My major complaint about spending the time driving to far NE Ohio is the low productivity of the streams and having to work too hard to look-in-fish&nbsp; ;)&nbsp; If it got trashed downstream from silt, I don't think that's where I want to bother (which may not matter ;), even out of curiosity.&nbsp; That's time I coulda spent-in-the Darby or the Mad River with even greater biodiversity and&nbsp;LOTS more specimens of each dangit lol</FONT></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
<DIV style="FONT: 10pt arial">----- Original Message ----- </DIV>
<DIV style="BACKGROUND: #e4e4e4; FONT: 10pt arial; font-color: black"><B>From:</B> <A title=ashtonmj2003-in-yahoo.com href="ashtonmj2003-in-yahoo.com">matt ashton</A> </DIV>
<DIV style="FONT: 10pt arial"><B>To:</B> <A title=nanfa-l-in-nanfa.org href="nanfa-l-in-nanfa.org">nanfa-l-in-nanfa.org</A> </DIV>
<DIV style="FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Sent:</B> Friday, April 29, 2005 11:26 AM</DIV>
<DIV style="FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Subject:</B> Re: NANFA-L-- Annual CAS and NANFA Ohio Outing</DIV>
<DIV><BR></DIV>
--0-175431126-1114811544=:95417--