Re: NANFA-L-- mussels and crawfish

Subject: Re: NANFA-L-- mussels and crawfish
From: Todd Crail (farmertodd-in-buckeye-express.com)
Date: Thu Aug 26 2004 - 16:36:43 CDT

Steve,

All good info about the mussels, as I'm sure you've already seen. A place
to start with crayfish is "The Crayfishes of Missouri" if you're in the
Midwest. It has nice pictures, detailed descriptions, and will get you
familiar with crayfish "lingo". There are some species that cover very
broad areas, so you'll be able to ID them from this... If you go to the
Convention this year in Arkansas, you can probably impress us all with your
new found knowledge of crustaceans :)

Plus the citations are a great way to get to the next resources.

If you're in the West, Northeast or the Atlantic drainages of the SE... I
dunno where to point you to. There were a couple citations by a H.H. Hobbs
for the Smithsonian which were "atlases" but I've never seen them. Might be
a good thing to look up on an inter-library loan.

Todd