NANFA-L-- Help! Redside Dace Recovery in Ontario

njz-in-clevelandmetroparks.com
Thu, 3 Aug 2006 10:36:56 -0400 (EDT)

from the website, see below....

Is there anyone interested in corresponding with the group? If so, please
let me know that you contacted the individual so that I know it has been
addressed. Thanks.

Nick Zarlinga

Subject: Redside Dace Recovery in Ontario
From: "David Lawrie" <DLawrie-in-trca.on.ca>
Date: Thu, August 3, 2006 12:25 am
To: "info-in-nanfa.org" <info-in-nanfa.org>

To Whom it May Concern:

I am writing on behalf of the Redside Dace Recovery Team in Ontario
Canada. The Redside Dace recovery team is a provincial organization lead
by the Ministry of Natural Resources in Ontario. Redside Dace are a
species at Risk in Canada and the recovery team is working to establish a
captive breeding program at the Toronto Zoo. As this is a new initiative
we are seeking advice and support from others that have been undertaking
similar work. We are seeking advice that specifically relates to aquatic
ecology of this freshwater fish species. If there is someone in your
organization that would be willing to share expert opinion and experience
with our organization, it would be greatly appreciated. At this point we
are seeking a point of contact and can discuss further details about the
project and work in subsequent discussions. I look forward to your
response.

David Lawrie, M.E.S.
Aquatic Management, Analyst
Resource Science Section