RE: NANFA-L-- Releasing native fish back to the wild -- EVER

Peter Unmack (peter.lists-in-)
Wed, 23 Aug 2006 23:24:53 -0500 (CDT)

On Wed, 23 Aug 2006, Irate Mormon wrote:

> Jase, I have thought exactly the same thing. Buckets, nets, test
> equipment, etc., - all are viable means of disease transmission.

I'm sure none of that helps. But most of that stuff is not going from
aquarium to wild, it's all wild to wild (at least for me it is). I do
make a point of not using the same sampling gear when I go to Australia
though. But moving sampling gear around is at least no different to
fishing equipment or boats, which is a far more common occurence.
Doesn't make it right, but proper steralization is pretty close to
impossible most of the time.

Cheers
Peter