Re: NANFA-L-- And now for something completely different...

Tom Watson (onefish2fish-in-comcast.net)
Fri, 25 Aug 2006 10:17:06 -0700

This is a good opportunity to reiterate that NANFA is trying to re-start
it's Illustration Library. I have pasted the same information that appeared
in the last AC:

NANFA Photo Library

>From time to time on NANFA's email discussion list the call goes out for
photos of a specific species or group of species that someone needs for a
presentation to an aquarium society or conference. Usually someone is able
to fulfill the request, however this is very inefficient.

In the past NANFA had a slide library available to its members. While that
effort has fallen by the wayside, modern technology has made a comprehensive
photo library a much more achievable goal. To that end the NANFA Board of
Directors is now soliciting contributions to a new digital photo library.

While the intent is to have a digital library, photos can be in any format.
We can digitize prints of any size and 35 MM negatives or slides and, of
course, we can accept digital files of any size. Prints, slides, and
negatives can be returned to the owner.

The originator of the photo can retain the copy right for their photos if
they choose. They can also place any restrictions they choose on the use of
the photos. Their names came be also added to the image. Use of photos
would be restricted to NANFA members only except when express permission is
given by the originator. Photos would be distributed at a resolution
suitable for PowerPoint presentations but would not be available at print
resolutions without the permission of the originator.

If you would like to contribute to the library or have additional questions,
contact Board Member Tom Watson:

Onefish2fish-in-comcast.net or

NANFA Photo Library

c/o Tom Watson