Re: NANFA-L-- cold euthanasia

anutej-in-loxinfo.co.th
Wed, 30 Aug 2006 04:01:09 +0700

Thanks for your description of the experiment. What I wonder is that,
by putting non-airbreathing fish in freezer, whether or not the slow
drop in temperature would make the fish dies without much stress
[since the fish does show stressful behavior while temperature drops
slowly in the experiment]. Obviously when my teacher teaches me about
dumping fish in freezing water to make them die quickly and painlessly
I can't believe that simply by watching the fish thrashing around in
that freezing water.....

Since I had not used chemicals I wonder does fish actually die less
stressfully than the freeze method by the use of clove oil or other
chemicals?

Tony