Re: NANFA-L-- eels

Michael Lucas (psalm119.111-in-gmail.com)
Wed, 7 Dec 2005 15:20:41 -0500

I had quite a few small 3-4 inchers in a 55 gallon tank with several
large Blackbanded Sunfish during the day they would be under the gravel.
The sunnies kept getting these little round puffs of fungus all over there
bodies. One night I turned off all the lights and watched the tank. The
eels quickly came out of the gravel with there tail end still in the
gravel, waving back and forth like a patch of grass. As soon as a fish
passed by , they'd shoot out like a torpedo right into the fishes side
bite, spin and back to the gravel with a mouth full of flesh.

Mike Lucas
Schenectady NY