Re: NANFA-L--New North American Fish Reference: Wait, There's

Bob Bock (bockhouse-in-earthlink.net)
Thu, 8 Dec 2005 12:24:53 -0500 (GMT-05:00)

Geez, Chris, I can't believe you missed the

-----Original Message-----
From: Christopher Scharpf <ichthos-in-comcast.net>
Sent: Dec 7, 2005 8:18 PM
To: nanfa-l-in-nanfa.org
Subject: Re: NANFA-L--New North American Fish Reference: Wait, There's More!

> Just got my copy of AC yesterday and I agree, this is quite a publication.
>
> Is it (will it be) available as a single PDF file?

Eventually. Or-in-least all the data will be available on the NANFA website
in a form that allows it to be updated. I want to see what the response is
first. And to catch mistakes and oversights. Here's my list of addenda and
errata so far:

page 4
Ichthyomyzon castaneus and I. fossor STATUS: add "PSC, Can." (author
oversight)

page 6
Acipenser brevirostrum STATUS: add "PSC, Can." (author oversight)

page 7
Acipenser medirostris and A. transmontanus STATUS: add "PSC, Can." (author
oversight)

Acipenser oxyrinchus oxyrinchus STATUS: add DE to the endangered (E) list
(author oversight)

Page 13
Cyprinella lutrensis lutrensis ETYMOLOGY: type locality is in OK, not AR as
stated by Jordan and Evermann (1898-1900)

page 29
Notropis dorsalis dorsalis STATUS: add "PSC, Can." (author oversight)

page 31
Notropis photogenis STATUS: add "PSC, Can." (author oversight)

page 35
Phoxinus tennesseensis DISTRIBUTION: delete NC and SC (author error)

page 40
Rhinichthys umatilla STATUS: add "PSC, Can." (author oversight)

I hope there aren't many more. :-)

Chris Scharpf
Baltimore