Re: NANFA-L-- Speckled Dace - Where Oh Where

Jerry Baker (nanfa-in-bakerweb.biz)
Sun, 19 Feb 2006 12:27:50 -0800

Mysteryman wrote:
> Jerry:
> Ah, life in the PRK.. ( Peoples Republik of Kalifornia )
> I couldn't stand to live there as a fishkeeper, and I mourn for those
> trapped behind the green curtain.

It actually seems to be a case of "the other side" enforcing the law to
the letter to make a political point. The "officials" in this case are
U.S. Fish and Wildlife (I thought it was California Fish and Game). It
seems that they are using the regulations to make life very difficult
for people trying to study, and/or help endangered critters.