Re: NANFA-L-- book suggestions

Bruce Stallsmith (fundulus-in-hotmail.com)
Tue, 21 Feb 2006 10:30:22 -0500

Pretty much THE book for fish parasites in North America is "Parasites of
North American Freshwater Fishes", 2nd ed., by Glenn L. Hoffman. It's
published by Cornell University Press, copyright 1999, ISBN 0-8014-3409-2.
It's widely available-in-various on-line book dealers, ranging in price from
$14 - $50. I highly recommend it. Also, the University of Florida, IFAS
Extension, has some good information on-line-in-http://edis.ifas.ufl.edu on
topics such as "Monogenean Parasites of Fish".

--Bruce Stallsmith
looking-in-fun parasites along the Tennessee
Huntsville, AL, US of A