Re: NANFA-L-- Big female red shiner turns red-blue

anutej-in-loxinfo.co.th
Mon, 02 Jan 2006 01:42:02 +0700

One such fish is still laying eggs like previously before changing
color [but number of eggs are reduced], and it has no big tubercles
that adorn males' head. The other individual recently change
coloration, however, and making runs around crevices. It doesn't have
to be male though since I've seen ready females of normal color making
runs like that too, and normal males often follow such females ^_^

These color-changing fish is generally as big as or quite a bit larger
than any male present in the tank. Males seem not to like spawning
with such big females.... Previously I thought only old females
change color, but the one that change color recently is as old as
other males and females in the group.

Tony