NANFA-L-- commercial fishing license
Sat, 21 Jan 2006 10:39:38 -0600

I'm sure that the best source of information on regulations regarding
wildlife in any state is that state's Fish and Game Commission (or
equivalent regardless of name). Most states do restrict commercial
fishing, whether for baitfish, edible fish, or aquarium fish, in one
way or another. At a minimum, a commercial fishing license is
required, in most states. Makes sense to me, since that would seem to
be the only way the resource can be protected.

Is that not the case in states where you various members live or


David L. McNeely, Ph.D., Professor of Biology
Langston University; P.O. Box 1500
Langston, OK 73050; email:
telephone: (405) 466-6025; fax: 405) 466-3307
home page

"Where are we going?" "I don't know, are we there yet?"
/ This is the discussion list of the North American Native Fishes
/ Association (NANFA). Comments made on this list do not necessarily
/ reflect the beliefs or goals of NANFA. For more information about NANFA,
/ visit Please make sure all posts to nanfa-l are
/ consistent with the guidelines as per
/ To subscribe, unsubscribe, or get
/ help, visit the NANFA email list home page and archive at