Re: NANFA-L-- Precipitate

Bruce Stallsmith (fundulus-in-hotmail.com)
Wed, 25 Jan 2006 09:40:57 -0500

Carbon--hydrogen bonds in fats are pretty stable with a lot of energy
invested in them, so I doubt there's a quick breakdown of that kind of lipid
without enzymatic activity.

As to my "syrupy" description, that was deliberately vague and wrong (thanks
for running with it, Peter) just to describe what thiosulfate looks like as
it mixes with water, that is to say, there's a swirliness to it (and you can
quote me!). Yeah, it's not really a viscosity issue, but some kind of
reaction is happening.

--Bruce Stallsmith
along the chemical-rich Tennessee
Huntsville, AL, US of A