Re: NANFA-L-- Plants with the natives

Subject: Re: NANFA-L-- Plants with the natives
From: Sajjad Lateef (sajjadlateef-in-yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Jul 20 2004 - 10:04:56 CDT

Ken,

I use anything that will grow.

I was trying to maintain the native bio-type (native fish and
native plants) while I was in Chicago and had the wonderful
Lake Michigan water piped in.

Now that I am on hard well-water which is softened using KCl,
means that with a high K content, the algae growth is darn fast.
The regular plants hardly get a chance to grow.

Najas guadalupensis and Christmas Moss does well, though.

Sajjad

ps: Doing my share to test the NANFA-L-DIGEST :)

=====

--
Sajjad Lateef  e-mail: sajjadlateef AT yahoo DOT com
Chicago

__________________________________ Do you Yahoo!? Yahoo! Mail Address AutoComplete - You start. We finish. http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail /----------------------------------------------------------------------- / Please ensure all posts to nanfa-l are consistent with the guidelines / as per http://www.nanfa.org/archive/nanfa/guidelines.html. / "Unless stated otherwise, comments made on this list do not necessarily / reflect the beliefs or goals of the North American Native Fishes / Association" / This is the discussion list of the North American Native Fishes / Association nanfa-in-nanfa.org. To subscribe, unsubscribe, or get help, / send the words subscribe nanfa-l or unsubscribe nanfa-l, or help in / the body (not subject) of an email to majordomo-in-nanfa.org. For a / digest version, change nanfa-l to nanfa-l-digest. / For more information about NANFA, visit our web page, www.nanfa.org

: Wed Sep 29 2004 - 12:21:32 CDT