Re: NANFA-L-- South Carolina Convention

Subject: Re: NANFA-L-- South Carolina Convention
From: Todd Crail (farmertodd-in-buckeye-express.com)
Date: Tue Jul 27 2004 - 16:00:19 CDT

Casper,

As always... I really enjoyed reading your tales from the trips surrounding the Convention. It was so good to finally meet "The Core Southern Constituency", as up until this Convention, y'all for me were some typing and text on the list or in AC, pictures in trip reports, some great stories I wished I could have shared, some inspiring descriptions of folks courtesy of Mr Z... But no voice, and no handshake.

It was an absolute pleasure to finally close this open loop and make myself a "whole NANFAn", having had the opportunity to finally meet you guys myself :)

Speaking of "burned impressions", I will never forget (and find myself frequently laughing out loud) as to how Mr. Ellis so _matter-of-factly_ told us that day-in-the Lizard Thicket, concerning our Softball All-Stars...

"Fifteen will get you Twenty."

I was sad to miss out on the Sunday activities... I'm glad I went home however, the electrical problem I had was worse than was portrayed on the phone. The neutral on my fish circuit burned up somewhere and the breaker failed. Sarah had the fish who were severed from the circuit plugged into different circuits, but the rainbowfish were on the "good side" of the burn, and so she left devices running on that circuit (after the burn, the breaker still not tripping). She didn't tell me she woke up to the smoke alarm in the middle of the night. She didn't find that to be a "big deal". Aiye aiye aiye. Mrs. Crail now knows how to turn off breakers :)

Plus... I was missin' my sweetie. I was down for the week prior.... I have some great stories to tell myself (outside of exploding terrapins), I just need to find a few moments to place them all back together. Maybe a teaser is appropriate :)

Perhaps the best story was how Nick and I were out looking-in-these:

http://www.farmertodd.com/nanfa/sc/mummi.jpg

And happened upon one of these:

http://www.farmertodd.com/nanfa/sc/dinner.jpg

And turned it into one of these:

http://www.farmertodd.com/nanfa/sc/dinnercookin.jpg

Now that... That was some nice wrasse! >;)

Todd
http://www.farmertodd.com

: Wed Sep 29 2004 - 12:21:35 CDT