Re: NANFA-L-- Contact-in-PA F&GC?

Michael Lucas (psalm119.111-in-gmail.com)
Tue, 12 Jul 2005 18:52:49 -0400

Todd,
Are the Bluebreast, Tippecanoe and Variegates all not state listed in
PA or just the Variegates?

Also, I'm dissappointed but it looks like I will not be joining you
all, several conflicts have arisen.

Regarding spotted darters I've found them to be abundant in French
Creek-in-all the sites I'm aware of, but I believe they are protected.
Should have no problem seeing them though. The last time time I was
there (late summer or fall of 2004) I caught all of the above except
Gilt and Longhead plus Blacksides, Bandeds, Greensides and Rainbows in
fair numbers using the Perfect Dipnet. The time before that found all
of them using a 4 foot seine.

I'll contact you off list with some sites I'm familiar with.
Mike Lucas