RE: NANFA-L-- seinerama 2/collecting

Crail, Todd (tcrail-in-UTNet.UToledo.Edu)
Wed, 5 Jul 2006 17:46:52 -0400

It's a nice idea, but why should they do it? Regular liscencing generates $85
million in Ohio alone annually... Why would they go out of their way for
ANOTHER regulation, when they can't seem to get straight what they already
have to enforce, to generate a couple thousand? It just doesn't make any
sense.

Ontario has their stuff together on this... They issue a publication with
drawings of all non-game species and which ones you can and cannot use for
bait, and how you can collect them. They issue it with their liscence
materials. I imagine you can get it in pdf off their website too... It's not
a bad little deali-o for anyone in the Atlantic drainages.

Devil's Advocate
The Muddy Maumee Madness, Toledo, OH
http://www.farmertodd.com

________________________________

From: owner-nanfa-l-in-nanfa.org on behalf of Bruce Stallsmith
Sent: Wed 7/5/2006 5:28 PM
To: nanfa-l-in-nanfa.org
Subject: Re: NANFA-L-- seinerama 2/collecting

I like Matt's idea, in a rational world it'd be the way to go. My cynical
reaction is that Matt is right when he says that state's charge a HUGE fee
for short-period out-of-state licenses. I suspect that most states really
like those inputs of cash.

--Bruce Stallsmith
it's finally raining along the Tennessee
Huntsville, AL, US of A

>From: "Robert Carillio" <darterman-in-cboss.com>
>To: <nanfa-l-in-nanfa.org>
>Subject: Re: NANFA-L-- seinerama 2/collecting
>Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2006 17:22:21 -0700
>
>That could greatly benefit NANFA'ns who buy an out of state 3 day license
>at a HUGE fee when instead they could buy a native stamp.
>>
>> Matt
>> Cookeville, TN
>>

>Matt, I thought the same thing in the past. DNR can actually generate
>monies for such a license. Perhaps NANFA, as a unit, can come up with a
>proposal letter and submit it to DNR's around the country. A few people
>submitting a letter won't work, but if an organization of many submits one
>letter on behalf of all, then there is more influence in numbers,
>naturally.
>
>Rob Carillio
>Mahoning River Drainage,
>Ohio, N.A.