Re: NANFA-L-- Interesting news article

Jerry Baker (nanfa-in-bakerweb.biz)
Tue, 25 Jul 2006 14:20:33 -0700

Derek Parr wrote:
> true,.. but it is extremely ludicrous to think that a government body
> would go to all that trouble for a few common aquarium fish which are
> considered perfectly normal and common to own. Although I have faith
> that the article is true, I still have a hard time believing in such
> mammoth levels of stupidity and pointless cruelty. It is just that when
> things don't make any sense whatsoever, it is difficult to believe.
> Perhaps why there is so little belief in ghosts and UFO's and such. ;]

It depends on what makes sense to you. If koi are indeed a problem
species in Maine, I don't see what the problem is with seizing them -
especially after two separate attempts to notify their owner and gain
his cooperation. It makes perfect sense to me. What doesn't make sense
to me is why people cry foul when they thumb their nose-in-the law and
then have to pay the price. What happened to accepting responsibility
for one's actions?