RE: NANFA-L-- Is it ethical to keep Olive Nerites (Nerita

Earl Blewett (Micro-in-earlblewett.net)
Sat, 3 Jun 2006 14:40:01 -0500

Dear FishFolk,

I don't feel guilty keeping Nerite snails in freshwater. I have had some > 2
years although you might consider my water brackish, as I add 1 teaspoon
salt per gallon.

Should people keeping marine fish feel guilty because they won't (>99.9%)
ever breed?

Don't worry about it.

If I ever get time I am going to try and breed my nerites. The eggs hatch in
my really brackish tank (1.008 sp) but I've never seen the fry.

Earl

Earl Blewett Ph.D.
Associate Professor of Microbiology
Dept. of Biochemistry and Microbiology