RE: NANFA-L-- Annoying malady

Bruce Stallsmith (fundulus-in-hotmail.com)
Tue, 13 Jun 2006 08:33:43 -0400

Immunologically, your description makes sense, Chip. Testosterone is a
strong immunosuppresant, and testosterone levels increase dramatically
during spawning season for both males and females in most fish species. In
that weakened state they may have become susceptible to infection. This
could explain why your other sunfish were unaffected.

--Bruce Stallsmith
along the sunny Tennessee
Huntsville, AL, US of A