Re: NANFA-L-- FRENCH Creek, not BeaverPA in July?

matt ashton (ashtonmj2003-in-yahoo.com)
Mon, 28 Mar 2005 14:36:41 -0800 (PST)

--0-143359501-1112049401=:54623

I'm sure you know where I am talking about Wally, but I am going to throw it out there ... I would suggest the Mead Avenue park as a spot to collect if you can. Here is actually a picture of the bridge that is upstream of the park (http://www.wpconline.org/french_creek/about/) Has a great park, has access to the water from a canoe put in, and there are fish and mussels EVERYWHERE. Almost too many, cause their are state and federal mussels directly off the canoe put in. Saw Tippie's, Bluebreasts, Rainbows, Greensides, Blackbandeds, Spotteds, and lots and lots of others ... Who knows they might be working on the bridge by now but I doubt it because of what was found its probably in Section 7 for a while.

"Todd D. Crail" <tcrail-in-UTNet.UToledo.Edu> wrote:Yeah. Now you see how rough it's been. :) Thanks for the correction
Wally.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Wallace Bilingham"

> Hi Todd and others,
>
> Thanks for getting the word out. This is going to be French Creek not
Beaver

<DIV>I'm sure you know where I am talking about Wally,&nbsp;but I am going to throw it out there ...&nbsp;I would suggest the Mead Avenue park as a spot to collect if you can. Here is actually a picture of the bridge that is upstream of the park (<A href="http://www.wpconline.org/french_creek/about/">http://www.wpconline.org/french_creek/about/</A>) Has a great park, has access to the water from&nbsp;a canoe put in, and there are fish and mussels EVERYWHERE. Almost too many, cause their are state and federal mussels directly off the canoe put in. Saw Tippie's, Bluebreasts, Rainbows, Greensides, Blackbandeds, Spotteds, and lots and lots of others ... Who knows they might be working on the bridge by now but I doubt it because of what was found its probably in Section 7 for a while.<BR><BR><B><I>"Todd D. Crail" &lt;tcrail-in-UTNet.UToledo.Edu&gt;</I></B> wrote:
<BLOCKQUOTE class=replbq style="PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #1010ff 2px solid">Yeah. Now you see how rough it's been. :) Thanks for the correction<BR>Wally.<BR><BR>----- Original Message ----- <BR>From: "Wallace Bilingham" <WALLY_PIKE-in-HOTMAIL.COM><BR><BR>&gt; Hi Todd and others,<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt; Thanks for getting the word out. This is going to be French Creek not<BR>Beaver<BR>&gt; Creek. If you are into hellbenders bring along snorkle gear and you shoud<BR>&gt; have no probems finding them. Also many darters and other cool stuff.<BR>&gt;<BR><BR>/-----------------------------------------------------------------------<BR>/ This is the discussion list of the North American Native Fishes<BR>/ Association (NANFA). Comments made on this list do not necessarily<BR>/ reflect the beliefs or goals of NANFA. For more information about NANFhttp://www.nanfa.org