Re: NANFA-L-- FRENCH Creek, not BeaverPA in July?

Drummond Howard (drummondhoward-in-hotmail.com)
Tue, 29 Mar 2005 21:54:46 +0000

I was one of those idiots. I lived in Florida close to lake Apopka. We
would wade around the edge of the lake-in-sunset and reach in the cypress
stumps and grab a handfull of various watersnakes who were trying to keep
warm. Amazing we never found anything really dangerous, just mean. I don't
know why, but water snakes seem to be a lot meaner than your average land
snake.

We did get a few bites once in a while, but the worst problem with them was
the teeth are curved inward so removing your finger is painfull and brings
teeth with it. Again we were lucky, nothig poisonious and no infections
from the bites.

I don't know how......

I don't reach into cypress stumps anymore, besides, Maryland doesn't have
seem to have as large a population of water snakes that I have seen....

Drummond Howard
Gaithersburg, Maryland