RE: NANFA-L-- finding fieryblacks

Chip Rinehart (crin-in-glassmaster.com)
Wed, 8 Mar 2006 12:55:25 -0500

Derek, email me your phone number off list.

Chip in SC

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-nanfa-l-in-nanfa.org [owner-nanfa-l-in-nanfa.org]On Behalf
Of Derek Parr
Sent: Wednesday, March 08, 2006 11:39 AM
To: nanfa-l-in-nanfa.org
Subject: NANFA-L-- finding fieryblacks

Been wanting to make a journey to find some fieryblack shiners this
spring before it warms up too much. Thought I should get some ideas on
where are the best places to look. What kind of water would I be most
likely to find them? riffle? slow moving? etc? Right now, based on
"NCDWQ's Fish Community Database" I think I'm going to head up to the
northern part of the Yadkin River basin here in NC. Any other ideas,
thoughts, suggestions? of course the closer to home the better.

-derek parr
chapel hill, nc
cape fear river basin