RE: NANFA-L-- Salt Treatment & Southern Excursion Prelims

J. C. (hillbillynursery-in-yahoo.com)
Sun, 12 Mar 2006 20:36:06 -0800 (PST)

Yes I was one of the planned members of the trip to
Barren fork in and around McMinnville and then the
Duck the next day. Matt said the water was to high for
yall to go out. I understand I am new to this and
disabled but I know my limits. I sure would of loved
to tag along.

Later, John

--- "Crail, Todd" <tcrail-in-UTNet.UToledo.Edu> wrote:

> Thanks for the feedback Bruce and JC. Not only is
> it cheaper... It dissolves
> much easier :)
>
> Yeah that was a good one... That was the first snake
> I've ever seen NOT back
> away. My favorite "peak moment" was last year at
> Borden Creek where the dude
> just kinda appeared out of the brush and wanted to
> tell us about some other
> fishermen, and teach us to be fishers of men. I
> wanted to tell him we were
> already-in-church, but he probably wouldn't have
> understood.
>
> J.C., didn't know you were coming. We did
> Shelbyville on Friday-in-about 800
> cfm and it yielded 24 species. Some guy thought
> he'd give us a lesson on
> seining, and told us it only worked when you pulled
> it up stream. As if.
> Yeah... I'll just keep using this "not doing it
> right" method of downstream
> tosses, and save my back for other things.
>
> I'll put that Shelbyville list together here in a
> second...
>
> The preliminary eye candy:
>
> http://www.nanfa.org/members/crail/springfling2006
>
> Warning: Invite your spouse in to look with you so
> she doesn't think you're
> looking-in-something else :)
>
> Okay...
>
> Fisherman's Park, Shelbyville Dam, 3/10/06
> 8' seine, Riffles and Runs east of bridge
> Matt Ashton, Erika Buri, Todd Crail, Tyler, and
> Jessie
>
> Stoneroller (abund) super males!
> Streamline chub (15) large specimens, one huge
> gravid female
> Blotched chub (4)
> Bigeye chub (5+)
> Striped shiner (abund)
> Silver shiner (1)
> Rosyface shiner (1)
> Stargazing minnow (5+)
> Rainbow trout (2)
> Northern hogsucker (3)
> Mountain madtom (1)
> White crappie (1)
> Coppercheek darter (50+)
> Rainbow darter (10+)
> Fantail darter (5+)
> Speckled darter (2)
> Blenny darter (25+)
> Greenside darter (abund)
> Banded darter (10+)
> Black darter (abund)
> Redline darter (abund)
> Logperch darter (1)
> Dusky darter (1)
> Banded sculpin (30+)
>
> More tales, pictures and adventures with Farmertodd
> and his Ladyfriend, coming
> soon to a listserve near you! And boy, do we have
> some doozies!
>
> Todd
> The Sweet Tea Madness, Toledo, OH
> It's never too late to have a happy childhood.
> http://www.farmertodd.com

John Cox of Cumberland Killifish
Honey Robber beekeeping and removal services

Please join A Fishy World my new email group all
about fish-in-AFishyWorld-subscribe-in-yahoogroups.com
http://mail.yahoo.com