RE: NANFA-L-- minnow questions

Dustin Smith (dsmith73-in-hotmail.com)
Mon, 02 May 2005 12:03:40 -0400

Hey Todd, where are you going in Costa Rica? We went last fall. E-mail me
offlist.

Dustin Smith
Newberry, SC
Broad River and Saluda River Drainages

----Original Message Follows----
From: "Crail, Todd" <tcrail-in-UTNet.UToledo.Edu>
To: <nanfa-l-in-nanfa.org>
Subject: RE: NANFA-L-- minnow questions
Date: Mon, 2 May 2005 11:35:59 -0400

You have to understand... "Illinois", sadly, is "west" for the 'ol Farmer
;) While it may seem I have a broad world view, any of it has been
accumulated second hand. But... I have a passport now, a whole new career
path, and nothing holding me in Toledo. Gonna go check out the fishes of
Costa Rica here in two weeks, which will be my first non-Canadian out of
country experience. May this set the tone for the years to come. Because,
you know...

Todd
The Muddy Maumee Madness, Toledo, OH
http://www.farmertodd.com

From: owner-nanfa-l-in-nanfa.org on behalf of Peter Unmack

> I yet to see either genus for myself in the field (Todd needs to get out
> west),

Actually, Hybognathus occurs all over the place from the Rio Grande
across the Great plains, across the northern US states and down the east
coast. Macrhybopsis is more in the south from around Alabama to New
Mexico, but also occurs throughout the central region of the Mississippi
Valley and it's major tributaries.