Re: NANFA-L-- F. julisia (was myth of restoration)

Mysteryman (bestfish-in-alaweb.com)
Sun, 08 May 2005 12:19:13 -0700

EELReprah-in-aol.com wrote:

>In a message dated 5/8/05 8:43:55 AM, ichthos-in-comcast.net writes:
>
><< Who would you rather see buy "your" welaka pond, TNC or Wal-Mart?
> >>

>NANFA, for example. Start a fund raising drive.
>
>Lee Harper
>Media, PA

Hear, Hear!
Alas, we'd never be able to come up with that kind of cash in time.
However, something just occured to me. Many of the NANFA members are
some of the smartest and most skillful aquarists I've ever known, and
hey, natives are already their specialty. How come NANFA, after 30
years, still isn't in the business of captive breeding and restoration?
How does a guy like JR qualify when an organization like NANFA does not?