Re: NANFA-L-- Re: Chinese Sturgeon on AquaBid

Steffen Hellner (steffen-in-hellner.biz)
Thu, 11 May 2006 09:08:53 +0200

Thanks for these information. There are many, many more regulations which
are hardly known or practised, yet. But controls and prosecution will
improve. There are so many translocated species, a lot of them by anglers
using them as bait and releasing them voluntarily or accidentally. And the
high diversity of native fish needs protection from mixing fauna, and flora.

Who ever searches on servers as of FWS or .gov and other authorities will
find numerous regulations on a variety of species. There is need for a
handbook on regulations to make public aware of what is prohibited and what
not. Non-lawyers will have difficulties to extract the proper conclusions
from many papers I have found. OK, I am not native speaker but still for
mothertongues the term often are somewhat obscure.

Steffen