Re: NANFA-L-- More Fish IDs

Dan Johnson (danjohns-in-io.com)
Wed, 17 May 2006 22:40:11 -0500

Thanks Dave and Peter,

I have also collected what I believe are actual Rio Grande Cichlids in
the Houston area, but were much smaller and I don't have photos of
them. The particular area I found these was a sluggish tributary to
lake Houston. I caught probably five of them with a cast net. All were
big. Curiously this Houston fish survey I reference a lot did not have
any Tilapia recorded anywhere.

--Dan