Re: NANFA-L-- Skewed Sex Ratio in Shiners?

Bob Bock (bockhouse1-in-verizon.net)
Thu, 18 May 2006 12:05:01 -0500 (CDT)

No explanations here, Bruce, just a question:

Are you sure that your collecting method isn't preselecting for one gender over the other?

Years ago, when I was angling for longear sunfish and bringing them home, I noticed that I had more males and females. My thinking-in-the time was that since males were a little more agressive than females they tended to get to the bait first.