RE: NANFA-L-- Seinerama 2

Irate Mormon (archimedes-in-bayspringstel.net)
Fri, 26 May 2006 22:07:42 -0500

Casper - count me in - will get $ to you ASAP. There are still a few of
us who like to get together.

-Irate

"He says there's no doubt about it, it was the myth of fingerprints.
I've seen them all and man, they're all the same." - Paul Simon

Behalf Of
> [...]
if
>the gathering is canceled ). bob sinclair, who is willing to drive all
the
>way
>from california and ed scott, a tva fisheries biologist and sculp ka
bob
>fry
>cook.
>i needed 5 attendies to make it work w/ the expenses of the pot point
house
>on the tennessee river and have told the owners ( tn river gorge trust
) i
>would confirm the reservation by june 1... which is just a few days
away.
>might could stretch it another week but i have to recieve deposits to
>commit.
>2 members of the tn aquarium have offered their assistance, matt
hamilton
>and carol farmer for a behind the scenes tour.
>the new issue of american currents has only yielded one phone call.
>i suspect this opportunity will be canceled as martin's fish camp was
and
>perhaps bruce's sipsey camp.
>the lack of interest does not warrant the time and effort for me to
>organize
>such gatherings in the future.
>1 more week, if no committments, i will cancel it.
>
>casper
>
>Here is my July offering for Tennessee... Seinerama 2
>The Pot Point House, located on the Tennessee River near Chattanooga,
is
>owned by the Tennessee River Gorge Trust. They have it available for a
3
>Day
>Weekend; Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights on July 6, 7 & 8. It's a
>clean,
>modernized, log house in a beautiful, rustic setting and hosts a scenic
>overview of the river. The field activities will be similiar to the
first
>Seinerama
>i hosted back in April of 2002 with an extra day and 2 nights thrown
in.
>The
>Fall 2002 issue of American Currents featured a report of it written
by
>Steve
>Ellis and myself, or here it is online with color pics...
>
>_http://www.nanfa.org/NANFAregions/tn/potpoint/potpoint.htm_
>(http://www.nanfa.org/NANFAregions/tn/potpoint/potpoint.htm)
>
>Thursday will be our arrival day / afternoon and settling in to the
house.
>Friday, our first full day, will be spent exploring the Tennessee River
>shoals,
> the Sequatchie River below Ketner's Mill and several sites along the
>Little
>Sequatchie River including some spring runs and a cave.
>Options for Saturday and Sunday could be the urban streams of
Chattanooga
>or
>snorkeling and sampling the Conasauga and / or the Hiwassee River
which is
>about an hour away.
>Potential rainy days can be spent-in-the house relaxing or a trip to
the
>Tennessee Aquarium, but rain should not be much of a concern in July.
In
>fact it
>will make seining easier and snorkeling much more comfortable.
>We will try to stop-in-the Keener's Sequatchie Valley Farm again for
free
>range chicken double yolked eggs and Shitake mushrooms for our
Saturday
>morning
> breakfast.
>Cost for the 3 days and nights will be 100 bucks. This will cover the
Pot
>House rental and i will stock plenty of provisions, drinks and road
>snacks.
>Any monies left over after expenses will be provided to NANFA. I could
>probably
>get Connie to cook another evening meal for us IF we promise to be on
>time... this time... as opposed to last time! I also might be able to
talk
>the
>Tennesse Aquarium into some passes or better yet a behind the scenes
>evening tour.
>The Pot House has 2 big bunk rooms with single beds. Logistics will
limit
>us
>to 10 people and need 5 to make it work financially. Let me know if
your
>interested. This invite will also be published in the Spring American
>Currents
>so better get your name in the hat before it hits the newsstands! To
sign
>up
>send $50 to Casper Cox, 1200 Dodds Avenue, Chattanooga, TN 37404.
423-624-
>0721
-
>/ Association (NANFA). Comments made on this list do not necessarily
>/ reflect the beliefs or goals of NANFA. For more information about
NANFA,