geoffrey kimber (
Sat, 27 May 2006 14:17:55 -0400

I agree with Gary 100%. Your immune system can go from itching to
anaphylaxis in no time. It's just not worth it.

As far as the bees go-

It is not likely that your reaction to bees will ever wear off.
Sometimes, after 10 or 20 years without exposuse the immune reaction
can be decreased, but once you contact the allergen, it comes back in
full force for the next reaction.

The only way to get rid of the reaction is to work with an allergist
and get shots for years to desensitize your immune system. Of course,
the shots themselves can set off anaphylaxis so that is not without

Wikipedia has a really detailed (maybe too detailed) article on antibodies:
/ This is the discussion list of the North American Native Fishes
/ Association (NANFA). Comments made on this list do not necessarily
/ reflect the beliefs or goals of NANFA. For more information about NANFA,
/ visit Please make sure all posts to nanfa-l are
/ consistent with the guidelines as per
/ To subscribe, unsubscribe, or get
/ help, visit the NANFA email list home page and archive at