RE: NANFA-L-- Help with beat up Spotted Sucker

Crail, Todd (tcrail-in-UTNet.UToledo.Edu)
Mon, 29 May 2006 16:44:31 -0400

Hi Dan,

If he has scale damage... At current temps, probably not much. You can try
treating him, but I doubt you'll get anywhere with it. I've watched them
fungal free from medication, and still just up and bite it. It might actually
be the most humane thing to put him down now. I try and collect when the
water temps are 65 and lower, for this very reason (which doesn't leave you
much window down there, does it?). If damage occurrs, they're far more likely
to shake it off then when they were already-in-the edge. You may have the
benefit of collecting-in-70 without problem because they're more adjusted down
there. Working largely groundwater fed streams can also help, if you've got a
cooler day. But those are typically more mountain, moraine or karst
associated any more.

Sorry to have such crappy news.

Todd

________________________________

From: owner-nanfa-l-in-nanfa.org on behalf of Dan Johnson
Sent: Mon 5/29/2006 4:18 PM
To: nanfa-l-in-nanfa.org
Subject: NANFA-L-- Help with beat up Spotted Sucker

Yesterday I collected my first aquarium sized spotted sucker.
Unfortunately it's a little beat up (my only beat up fish from
yesterday). By the looks of him, he will succumb to fungal infection in
a few days if I don't do anything. Is there a good treatment to get
this guy to survive? Thanks.

--Dan
/ visit http://www.nanfa.org <http://www.nanfa.org/> Please make sure all
posts to nanfa-l are