NANFA-L-- Collecting in the Florida keys

Subject: NANFA-L-- Collecting in the Florida keys
From: DeMarle, Stephen (Stephen_DeMarle at cable.comcast.com)
Date: Mon Sep 13 2004 - 09:21:33 CDT

I've recently set up a reef tank. I'm also planning on going down to the
Florida keys over Christmas for some fishing. While I'm down there I'd like
to collect some animals for my tank. Does anyone know what the laws are
regarding this? Is it legal to collect from the non protected areas and is
there a limit on how many animals you can collect. I'm not thinking of
taking much but don't want to break any laws while I'm doing it. Only what
I can put in a five gallon bucket with an aerator for the drive back. I'd
be primarily interested in collect inverts, stuff that normally isn't
offered for sale in Atlanta area pet shops. I do enough fishing in
Jacksonville that I do have a Florida Saltwater fishing license. Thanks.

Steve DeMarle
/ archive at http://www.nanfa.org/archive/nanfa/.

: Fri Dec 31 2004 - 11:27:18 CST