Re: NANFA-L-- Re: nanfa-l-digest V1 #42

Subject: Re: NANFA-L-- Re: nanfa-l-digest V1 #42
dlmcneely at lunet.edu
Date: Mon Sep 13 2004 - 11:05:00 CDT

Well, of course, a 'Minnow" is any member of the family cyprinidae. My original thought was "shiner" rather than minnow, and I mentioned that on the list. In keeping with trying to provide a stake for as wide a number of people and states as possible, I moved to the minnow, because every state except Hawaii has native minnow. But as I said, my desire is to get this thing moving, a resolution drafted by someone (our representatives for association action of course are the BOD members), and a contact with members of congress done.

So, BOD, can we vote in some manner? As someone else suggested, maybe through American Currents? But on-line should work, too, if there is a mechanism to make sure that only members vote (OR, if we can keep lmb off the list of candidates?).

Dave

David L. McNeely, Ph.D., Professor of Biology
Langston University; P.O. Box 1500
Langston, OK 73050; email: dlmcneely at lunet.edu
telephone: (405) 466-6025; fax: 405) 466-3307
home page http://www.lunet.edu/mcneely

"Where are we going?" "I don't know, are we there yet?"