Re: NANFA-L-- Diversity Indicies

Bruce Stallsmith (fundulus at hotmail.com)
Thu, 29 Sep 2005 09:24:47 -0400

The limit to IBI use is that different IBIs are designed for different
areas. And not just southeast, midwest, but for different stream or lake
environments, e.g. Appalachian Highland or not. The major advantage of IBI
is that you can give a seemingly strong, scientific number to people like
members of Congress who don't know anything about anything. The use of IBI
out of context can be a serious example of GIGO.

--Bruce Stallsmith
in the diverse Tennessee Valley
Huntsville, AL, US of A