Re: NANFA-- TN Collecting

Patrick Ceas (ceas_at_stolaf.edu)
Mon, 07 Apr 2003 13:28:33 -0500

I'm not doing this work (wish I was) but others are, so I am certainly
not an expert on it. They are using transdermal devices, but the
devices are not transmitters that allow you to remotely track the little
buggers (like you can with a game fish). Some folks are using a combo
of injected subcutaneous paint/latex markings, others are implanting
small chips which allow you to then "scan" the fish. Either way you
still have to recapture the fishes in a seine.

--
Dr. Patrick A. Ceas
St. Olaf College